How CENTURY 21 Cayman offers your property Maximum Exposure. Your rental property listing once uploaded to Century21Cayman.com will be automatically syndicated to the following websites;
- MyIgloo.com - Caribbean Real Estate For Rent
- CaymanRentals.com - All Cayman Rentals
Renting in the Cayman Islands
Moving to paradise has become easy with the Century21 team who is more than happy to help you find your new home.
If you are considering moving to the Cayman Islands there are always a number of questions that are asked regarding long-term accommodation. If you have decided that you are in the market to rent a property the first thing you have to decide is whether you want to rent a house or an apartment.
A house is normally more suitable for a family than an apartment, often with more privacy and more room for children to play. While an apartment is an easy way to meet new people and they are likely to have extra amenities such as a pool, tennis courts or fitness rooms. Apartments are generally more readily available.
Ocean/beach front properties are the most demanded and at times difficult to find, however if you are willing to live close to the beach but not on it, you can get very nice properties at more reasonable rates. Canal front properties are also a good alternative.
Snug Harbor, South Sound, Parkway, and Governors Harbor are all areas that have apartments and homes, in nice residential areas close to town, the beach and all amenities. Prospect is an area 10 minutes from town that more and more people are moving to. Many new homes and apartments are springing up there, and a new shopping centre and supermarket is now complete. There are also plans for a 6- screen movie theatre and eventually, a water park. The districts of West Bay, and Bodden Town are both within about 20 minutes of George Town, and have more economical traditional style homes.
Wherever you live in Cayman, you will never be too far from the sea, shops, a bus route and will always feel safe.
We have a large inventory of listings to suit your needs and we would be delighted to help you in finding your home in paradise.
There are a number of general rules of thumb to follow when renting a property.
- Rent is always paid in advance.
- All Landlords require a security deposit, which is at least equal to one month’s rent regardless of the rental value of the property. This money is held by the owner for the term of the lease and is refundable subject to any deductions for damage not withstanding normal wear and tear. Any interest accrued will be in favor of the owner
- The utility, cable and phone company will all require deposits as well
- Electricity is not cheap on the island, because of the usage of air conditioning. Some properties have split zones, which makes them more economical
- Water is not too bad here in Cayman and it is drinkable although most people prefer to drink bottled water
- Occasionally there are restrictions to pets and small children and these can sometimes be overcome by offering a larger damage/security deposit. Vast majority of condominiums located on the Seven Mile Beach corridor prohibit pets.
Contact us TODAY if you have any questions on rental properties